Men in Black II"
A few key ingredients are all you’ll need to make this refreshing treat. Join Claud and the gang at the Venus Pool Club at Caesar’s Palace for “Crop-cicles.”
Special thanks to Venus Pool Club.
Ingredients for 1 pint sorbet each flavor:
- 3-4 cups watermelon cubes, pureed until smooth
- 1-2 cups strawberries, pureed until smooth
- 1-cup simple syrup
- 2-tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-teaspoon freshly chopped mint
- 1-tablespoon vodka (optional)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped kiwis, pureed until smooth and strained
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest, green part only
- 1/4-cup fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon each tequila and orange liquor (optional)
8 medium peaches - peeled, pitted and pureed until smooth until very smooth
1 cup simple syrup
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon peach brandy (optional)
Prepare simple syrup. Measure 4 cups sugar and 4 cups of water into a saucepan and heat over low heat until clear, and then boil for a minute or so. Let the sugar syrup cool completely.
Prepare watermelon strawberry mixture: Cut watermelon and scoop out fruit, removing any seeds. Use a whisk to reduce the melon fruit into a puree with some small chunks. Combine watermelon, strawberries, simple syrup, lemon juice, mint and vodka in a large metal mixing bowl. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly chilled.
Prepare kiwi-lime mixture. Squeeze limes and grate zest. Combine lime zest and juice, kiwi, simple syrup, tequila and orange liquor in a medium metal mixing bowl. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly chilled.
Prepare peach mixture. Blanch and peel peaches. Combine peaches, simple syrup, lemon juice and peach brandy in a large metal mixing bowl. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly chilled.